is currently backordered. You may still purchase it now but it won't ship until it becomes available again.
- MagPaint blackboard paint is a water-based paint for walls.
- MagPaint blackboard paint is writable by all the usual kinds of chalk and chalk markers (window markers), except oil-based chalk (crayons).
- For indoor use only.
- To create a magnetic surface apply to; MagLiner or MagPaintable
Blackboard Paint is available in Lime, Pink, Grey, Black, Dark Green, Blue or Red
Simply enter 'FREEUK' to benefit from Free UK Delivery.
Applicable in classrooms, in the kitchen, in the nursery, virtually anywhere erasable chalkboard is desired.
Chalk is easily removed with a soft cloth or duster. Persistent chalk residue can be removed with a damp cloth.
How to apply
Stir well before use.
Thinning is unnecessary, but if required to obtain desired application properties, a small amount of clean water may be added. Avoid excessive brushing or rolling. Use light, even strokes to ensure an even and smooth finish.
After 3 days, the chalkboard finish is ready for use. Before writing, condition the surface by rubbing the side of a piece of chalk over the entire surface and erase.
This will leave a coat of chalk dust that will provide the best erasability. Chalkboard can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
- The substrate must be clean, dry and free of grease and smooth.
- Remove non-intact, poorly adhering and peeling layers. Sand surface and intact paint layers with 220 grit or equivalent abrasive paper or scuff pad. Irregular or very porous substrates should be treated first. Untreated wood, iron, non-ferrous (bare) metal, plastic etc. soils with a suitable primer.
- Theoretical coverage: max. 10 m./liter.